Thursday, January 23, 2014

Permissable But Not Beneficial

I am in the middle of Week 1 of "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst, the current Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study. This is my 5th Online Bible Study.  

I found the verse of 1 Corinthians 10:23a to be simple yet profound. It speaks not only of what we crave in our thoughts and actions with food, but to any behavior, any choice. It's going to be one of my go to verses. 

How do I define a go to verse? Its a verse I used in my battle to be a Jesus girl.  A verse that helps with the struggles I encounter.  It will help me make decisions based on truth, instead of desire.  It will comfort me in that, I do have freedom of choice, but not all choices make us feel free in the long run. Its a verse I've studied, highlighted, written down and memorized.  I write them on note-cards and scatter them in random places, and find them in just the right moment of need.

I find the more do to actively pursue God, via reading Bible studies, listening to sermons, and just trying to show the world love, the more I feel free. I feel strong, armed with truth and ready for battle. Thank you, God, for your love and letting me share it.

4 comments:

  1. Great blog! I liked what you said about having the freedom of choice, but not all choices make us feel free in the long run..... Very profound and very accurate!! May we all feel empowered to choose the right things as we crave God alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! I also write down verses but I usually just forget where I put them and then find them when needed. I'm thinking I am going to make a Verse Board and write out a verse that speaks to me for the week. This way my kids will ask about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog , I like how you said you pursue God and crave God more by coming close to Him my reading His word, memorizing scripture and putting God in front of all you do. Thanks for sharing
    Marilyn (OBS Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your blog post. Here's to feeling free by making good choices!

    ReplyDelete