Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Book I Couldn't Put Down


A Noble Groom at Amazon.com

This is a book review on A Noble Groom by Jody Hedlund.

Based in the 1880’s, German settlement around the thumb area, the story unfolds around a young widow and her family.  They send to the ‘old county’ for a cousin for her to marry, so she can keep her land and have protection.  In the mean time a nobleman hiding from false charges is directed to help her homestead until her husband can make the trip to America.  Of, course they fall in love and there are hardships that bring them closer, while family and station try to keep them apart.  There are other themes throughout the book beyond tough farm life, class separation and wifely submissiveness. As a Christian book, there are themes about forgiveness, God loving widows and children and values. 

I love historical fiction, and Jody Hedlund has another gem in this book.  As a Michigan native I enjoy finding out more about the early settlers as they build towns around principles of God, family and hard work.  I could not put this book down.

This is a review copy from Bethany House Publishing Group.  I chose this book from a list as an item of interest.  I was not compensated and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment