I love to shop, but hate to see my bank balance go down. I find I tackle shopping trying to get the most for the least, and I take this challenge to a competitive level. I start out with a strategy to find all I can during 'garage sale season'; which in Michigan is primarily May-September. Then towards the half point of summer, I start retail shopping. When I buy new I follow the following steps:
- Know Goodwill prices; make it a goal to get new around the same price.
- Sign up for mailing lists, coupons can come snail mail, email or text.
- If you can control yourself, a store card sometimes yields and extra 5-25% off.
- Shop clearance
- Coupon Stack; some stores let you use more than one code.
- Free shipping should always be a goal, unless the gas costs more that shipping to drive there.
- Rebates for places you shop are great. I use Ebates regularly. Every time I click a store link and shop, I get a cash % back in the form of a quarterly check. Shopping stores I shop anyway.
Any questions? Suggestions? Feel free to comment. Happy shopping.