Saturday, August 3, 2013

Come, Thou Almighty King


A Web Search With A History Lesson

I know we all spend more time on the internet than we intend to. I am blessed that almost on a daily basis, I find helpful things, instead of mind-sucking-time-wasting things. I find sales, recipes, reconnect with friends, and most importantly I use it as a worship tool! I search for one thing and end up forgetting what I was doing as I learn more about the history of the church, devotionals, people sharing the Lord's love and online Bible study communities.

Whew, back to the title and purpose of this post...Come, Thou Almighty King. I fell upon this blog post searching for the lyrics to “Come, Thou Almighty King”. My church also did Kingdom Rock VBS, which always has great worship music, and it was one of the songs. We were invited to lead music worship at a local Layman’s camp, and I managed to round up a pianist and children willing to sing. So, we chose classics that require only one practice, because the kids know them, and this particular song, from VBS. I stumbled upon a little history lesson I think is worth the read.  Click here to read about "Come, Thou Almighty King"


No comments:

Post a Comment