There are many, many tasks that need extra hands throughout the year. You choose what time and effort you want to put forth. Try one meeting or one event, or ask a teacher how you can help. There are many benefits of volunteering, such as:
- You meet the many people that have already dedicated themselves to helping your child and his/her school; which helps you put a face to a name.
- Your child will know you care about their schooling
- Non-volunteer parents will be amazed by seeing what moms and dads pulled off
- You will know what is going on at your child's school
- You will appreciate local business, they are always silently supporting by offering donations through funds, food or supplies
- You will feel a sense of accomplishment, when you see things move from a brainstorm to hearing your excited child talk about that awesome assembly, field trip, activity, or Tye-dye t shirt day you helped with.
- You will become a part of your community and people will know you by name.
- Your child will know you helped, and will be proud of you.
"Many hands make light work." - John Heywood