Friday, February 8, 2013

Book Review: Whispers in the Wind



This is a book review on Whispers in the Wind (Wild Wild West) by Lauraine Snelling.  This is book two to the Wild West Wind series.  I have not read book 1 or 3. 
Cassie arrives in South Dakota at a ranch with a group of ‘family’, a bunch of people from her former life in a Wild West show.  She has claim to the ranch as it is a piece of property her father jointly owned with a friend before he joined the show.  The show has disbanded, and her father has passed on.  Cassie hopes to make a future for herself and her family there.  She struggles with her new place, as she doesn’t really have any knowledge of domestic skills such as cooking.  The partner, in land ownership has also passed away, leaving his wife and children to run it.  The wife verifies the claim and they all learn to share the land. 
Whispers in the Wind
I thought the story was nice. I wondered what went on in book 1, and what will happen in 3.  I will add these to my reading list.  I am giving it a four star based on really liking the story, however, the book was repeatedly put down and felt like a chore at times.  Having read it all I’m still going to read the rest of the series.
This is a review copy from Bethany House Publishing Group.  I chose this book from a list as an item of interest.  I was not compensated and all opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment